From the Manufacturer
NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup challenges you to battle through a groundbreaking new story mode to achieve NASCAR stardom. Start from humble beginnings by earning NASCAR Busch, Craftsman Truck and Featherlite Modified series rides before grabbing million-dollar purses in the NEXTEL Cup Series. Develop your racing skills and intimidate your rivals on the track with all-new controls. Off the track, force the action with post-race confrontations, and settle disputes by racing AmericaÕs top production cars through city streets. Fans react to the drama, idolizing both NASCAR heroes and villains, while owners and sponsors recognize talent and reward success. ItÕs up to you to show ’em what youÕve got.
- New Fight to the Top Mode: Develop essential racing skills and progress to become the top driver teams wantÑ-battle through multiple racing series in your pursuit to race for the NASCAR Nextel Cup.
- The Field Expands: The NASCAR Busch series, NASCAR Craftsman Truck series, NASCAR Featherlite Modified series, and American Muscle cars join the circuit.
- New Chase for the Cup Mode: Make your own late season drama in the only game featuring the new championship points system.
- Be Hero or Villain: Force mistakes with the new Intimidator Control, but be prepared to deal with the consequences after the race.
- Enhanced EA SPORTS Online: Join the largest sports gaming community featuring all-new four player racing where you take on a full field of cars in each of the four NASCAR series.
Introducing Fight to the Top Mode: Become a superstar owner or driver and decide where and how you want to race. Develop essential racing skills and increase fan support
All-New Chase for the Cup: The first and only game to feature the new NASCAR point system. This 10-race championship shootout is available in both Fight to the Top mode as well as its own stand-alone game mode.
Next-Generation Grudges and Alliances: Make your driver a hero or a villain. Force mistakes with the new Intimidator Button as rivalries even spill off the track with post-race confrontations.
Four New Racing Series: Try your hand at the NASCAR Busch Series, NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, and Featherlite Modified Series. Opportunities present themselves on all levels youre a few wins away from hitting the main show, the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series.
American Muscle Cars: Settle bitter rivalries with other NASCAR drivers through the streets in production cars, including the Ford GT and Dodge Viper.